Tuesday 21 September 2010

The Trout and Tipple, Tavistock




Late September days on Dartmoor probably don't come with much better weather than when Kerridwen and I visited this great little boozer yesterday, but I'd imagine there aren't too many pubs around that will be cozier than this one when the winter sets in and the fireplace is in use!

Although we visited on a Monday lunchtime when there were apparently no regulars in attendance, we could tell this was a pub with a good character. The welcome was warm, my dog received a free complimentary bonio from the landlady, and we were instantly comfortable.

I opted for a Carlsberg, due to the fact that I'd have to drive some hours later, but for those with no such worries there's a good selection of real ales to try.

A sign outside reads: "Plymouth Camra, Country Pub of the Year, 2009." I can see why. This is a real pub, not an eatery, and it's a place I'll certainly visit again!

1 comment:

  1. Also worth a mention is the free parking directly across the road for anyone traveling through and the little village of Peter Tavy only a short drive away and the beautiful Dartmoor surroundings.

    ReplyDelete